Thursday, March 1, 2012

Extra Credit Blog: Reflection on First Semester

What topics really confused you?
The topic of reproduction confuses me quite a bit. I don't remember much about meiosis and mitosis when reproduction cycles come in.

What topics do you feel very clear on?
I know chemistry and the cell chapters pretty well.

What lab/ activity was your favorite? Why?
I enjoyed the photosynthesis one because I was able to see which types of colors are absorbed better and I got a better understanding as to why those are absorbed the best. I also like the enzyme lab because after doing all the tests for which enzyme works better or fails in each environment I was able to reflect what I remembered and saw in the essay for the final.

What lab/activity was your least favorite? Why?
My least favorite lab was probably the bacteria lab because I was not able to see any traces of how the bacteria shape was supposed to look under the microscope. I got really frustrated from this lab.

If you could change something about the class to make it better, for instance the type of homework (not the amount) what would it be and why?
What I would change about the class is probably lessen the amount of computer work. I feel that when I write more of the stuff down, like notes from the textbook. I absorb the material better. When things are done online I usually just skim it and don't get the full reading like I do when I do the reading from the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment